There are two ways we charge fees to service professionals:
- When a customer responds to your quote, we will deduct Recommend Credits from your account
- When a customer pays for your service using Recommend Pay, we will deduct a marketing/admin fee (but we will refund your Recommend Credits) before transferring the amount to your bank account
More details about both methods below:
1. When a customer responds to your quote, we will deduct some Recommend Credits
As a service professional, you need to have Recommend Credits in your account if you want to respond to new customer quotes.
When you respond to a new customer request, we will show you how many Recommend Credits we will deduct if the customer responds to your quote. We will not deduct this amount up-front. But, you must have enough Recommend Credits in your balance to cover the amount, or else you won't be able to quote.
We will only deduct Recommend Credits as a "connection fee" if the customer responds to your quote. A customer is considered to have responded to your quote if they click "Please call me", or click on your telephone number, or add their first comment to your quote. You will not be charged if they never responded to your quote.
If you run out of Recommend Credits, you will not be able to respond to job requests. But your business listing will still appear.
2. When a customer pays through Recommend Pay, we will deduct a small percentage before transferring the amount to your bank account
Recommend Pay is our payment service. It allows customers to conveniently pay for services using credit card, bank transfer or cheque.
When a customer pays using Recommend Pay (and a Pro agrees to receive payment through Recommend Pay), we will protect both Customers and Pros from unforeseen problems during the job.
Unforseen problems may include damages, theft and public liability.
When a customer uses Recommend Pay, all payments are first received by Recommend.my. The payment amount will then be transferred to the service professional, minus a marketing/admin fee. This marketing/admin fee will vary depending on the payment amount.
If the customer pays you using Recommend Pay, we will refund your Recommend Credits.
- You spend 5 credits to quote for a job worth RM5,000
- You get hired to do the job, and the customer pays RM5,000 through Recommend Pay
- We will transfer 50% of RM5,000 to your bank account (minus a small percentage of our fee)
- We will refund your 5 credits
- After the job is completed, we will transfer the balance 50% to your bank account
Note: Recommend Pay is only available in Malaysia. Singapore coming soon
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If a customer is interested in my quote, and then they also pay using Recommend Pay, will I get charged twice? The first time in Recommend Credits, and the second time for marketing/admin fee?
No you will not get charged twice. When we transfer a Recommend Pay amount to you, we will deduct the marketing/admin fee. But we will also give you back your Recommend Credits, so you can continue quoting for more jobs.
The amount of Recommend Credits that we reimburse to you will depend on the transacted Recommend Pay amount.