If you already installed the Recommend.my vendor mobile app, you should start receiving notifications in your mobile phone, whenever there is a new job request that is suitable for your business.
I already installed the vendor mobile app. How come I don't get notifications?
If you are not getting notifications, try these troubleshooting steps:
STEP 1: Make sure your 4G or Wifi connection is working
Are you in a location that has weak 3G or 4G mobile data connection? Or maybe you are accidentally connected to a Wifi that does not have an active Internet connection.
To test if you have a stable Internet connection, open your web browser in your phone and visit any website.
STEP 2: Make sure notifications are enabled inside the mobile app
You will need to enable notifications inside the Recommend.my vendor app
Above: In the vendor mobile app, tap the "menu" button at the top left
Above: In the menu, tap on "settings"
Above: Make sure "Receive notifications" is enabled
STEP 3: Make sure your mobile device is not blocking notifications
In your mobile device settings, you also need to enable notifications for the Recommend.my vendor app.
Here are the steps for a Xiaomi Android phone:
Above: In your mobile device, search for the "settings" app that came with your phone
Above: Tap on "Apps" > "Manage Apps"
Above: Find the Recommend Vendor App, tap it, and then tap "Notifications"
Above: Make sure "Show Notifications" is enabled
STEP 4: Turn off "Do not Disturb" and "Power Saving" modes
"Do not disturb" (or DND) may prevent your from receiving notifications.
"Battery Saver" modes may disable notifications to save power.
Make sure both off these are disabled.
STEP 5: For some models of Huawei, OPPO, Sony, Asus phones
Some phone models have battery saving features that will automatically turn off notifications if the app is not opened for a while. This could be causing you to miss out on new job notifications from Recommend.
To prevent this, follow the steps below (you may need to check your manual for the exact steps for your phone):
- Go to Settings > Battery, and disable "Performance mode", "Power Saving mode", and "Ultra Power Saving mode".
- Go to Settings > Battery > App launch.
- Toggle the "Manage automatically" for the app to Off. Make sure to activate all three options of the Manage manually toggle: "Auto-launch", "Secondary launch", and "Run in background".
STAMINA mode, available on some Sony Xperia devices, can prevent apps from starting in the background and receiving notifications.
To receive push notifications, set apps to be active in STAMINA mode:
- Tap the Application screen icon on your home screen.
- Choose Settings > Power management, then select STAMINA mode.
- Turn on the Extended standby, then tap Apps active in standby > Add your applications.
- Scroll left or right to view all applications and services, then mark the relevant checkboxes for the apps you want to run.
- Tap Done.
- Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > enable notifications for the app.
- Go to Auto-Start Manager > enable it for the app.
- Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special app access > enable for the app.
To fix MIUI push notifications, set the app to auto-start and disable battery optimization for that app:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Permissions > Autostart > choose the app and toggle the slider so that the app will always start in the background.
- Go to Settings > Battery & performance > Choose apps > select the app and choose No restrictions options.
- Disable battery optimization
Go to Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > choose the app and select "Do not optimize".
- Disable energy saver
Go to Settings > Battery > Energy saver > choose the app and turn off "Freeze when in Background" and "Automatically optimize when an anomaly is detected", then restart your phone.
- Set notifications as priority
Go to Settings > Notifications & status bar > Notification Manager > select the app and turn on "Allow Notifications", "Display on Lockscreen", "Display at the top of the screen", "Notification Sound and Vibration", and "Priority notification". Then, restart your phone.
- Select Autostart for the app
Go to System Organization > Security > Privacy permissions > Startup Manager > activate the Autostart for the app.